On paper, the Gunners SHOULD come out as winners as Watford struggle with consistency this season. But, anything is possible in football.
With that being said, here are 10 match facts and stats you should know prior to kick-off (stats supplied by OPTA):
1. Arsenal have won their last seven league matches against Watford, netting 19 goals in the process (2.7 per game).
2. Only against Newcastle (9) are Arsenal on a longer active winning run in league competition than against Watford (7 – also seven wins vs Charlton).
4. Alexis Sanchez has scored in all three of his previous Premier League appearances against Watford, and also has two assists versus the Hornets.
5. The Gunners have scored a league-high six goals in the 90th minute or later this season and also have the most goals in the 80th minute or later (12).
6. Arsenal have conceded only four goals in their last seven Premier League home matches; all of which have been penalties.
7. Since Arsene Wenger took over at Arsenal in October 1996, the Gunners have been given more red cards in the Premier League than any other team (75).
8. Arsenal have currently played 149 Premier League games without a single English player in their starting XI – the next most is Wigan Athletic (42). They haven’t started an English player in their last four league matches.
9. Heurelho Gomes has conceded 23 goals in eight Premier League games against Arsenal; nine more than he has versus any other opponent in the competition.
10. Watford’s record in their last 12 Premier League games to not be played on a weekend is W0 D2 L10. They haven’t won a non-weekend Premier League game since April 2007 (4-2 v Portsmouth).