But who is Clement Grenier?
Many out there will not be familiar or even heard of the player.
So here are 10 things you should know about the man who has caught the eye of Wenger:
1. Grenier is a 22-year-old France Under-21 international who is known for his versatility, technical ability, dribbling skills and set-pieces.
2. Grenier is a FC Annonay youth academy product. He spent five years (1997-2002) developing his talent before joining Lyon’s academy as an 11-year-old.
4. Despite the interest, the Frenchman opted to sign his first professional contract with Lyon on May 15th 2008, agreeing a three-year deal, and was handed the number 22 shirt.
5. Although he was promoted to the first-team in the 2008/09 season and played in several of the club’s pre-season matches, the midfielder spent the majority of the campaign playing reserve team football for Lyon in the Championnat de France amateur, the fourth division of French football.
6. Grenier began the 2009/10 season playing for the reserve team but was handed his debut on September 26th 2009 against Toulouse, a match where he came off the bench and Lyon won 2-1. After this match, he returned to the reserve team and failed to make another appearance for the senior side for seven months. He made just three appearances that season, all from the bench.
7. In the 2010/11 season, Grenier made a total of seven appearances, failing to find the net or create a goal.
8. The following season saw him score his first goal for the club, this came in a 4-0 win against Ajaccio Coupe de la Ligue.
9. This season, Grenier managed to score seven goals and create eight in 33 appearances in all competitions.
10. So that’s 72 appearances, eight goals and 11 assists since 2009, and it seems, with his latest comments about his future, Grenier has chosen to join Arsenal this summer.
Visit and Join our Facebook page, click HERE to do so.