So here are 10 things you should know about Isco:
1. Attacking midfielder Isco’s full name is Francisco Román Alarcón Suárez. He was born in Benalmádena, Spain on the 21st of April 1992.
2. Having come up through Valencia’s youth system, Isco made his professional debut for the club aged just 18 against UD Logrones in the Copa del Rey – he managed to score 2 goals in a 4-1 home win.
3. He made his La Liga debut three days later on the 14th of November 2010, playing just 20 minutes. He went on to feature more heavily in the B side, racking up 15 goals.
4. In July 2011, the Spaniard joined Malaga in a deal worth €6 million (£4.7 million).
5. Isco had been working his way up the Spanish national team, playing at Under16, 17, 18, 19 and 20 level, scoring 16 goals in 43 appearances.
Let’s have a look at the player in action:
6. Arsenal recently joined the teams who are in interested in Isco. Their interest have grown after selling Alex Song to Barcelona and Malaga are reportedly holding out for a £16.5 million release clause that Tottenham were unwilling/unable to match.
7. Isco scored his first goal for Malaga on the 21st of November 2011 in a match he started against Racing de Santander. He scored the following week in a 2-1 win against Villarreal.
8. Currently, his overall record for Malaga stands at 35 played, 5 goals scored.
9. His pace seems about the same as Theo Walcott, and like Theo he doesn’t worry about running at defenders, which makes him a threat to the opposition. He also has great technique and movement.
10. Isco maybe tempted to join Arsenal after former team-mate Santi Cazorla joined the Gunners earlier in the summer.
Visit and Join our Facebook page, click HERE to do so.
Gunnersphere is currently looking for new writers to join the squad. Contact via twitter or at Gunnersphere@snack-media.com for further details.