Arsenal hope to sit atop of the Premier League table this weekend and continue their march to the title with a win over Fulham who themselves need all three points tomorrow afternoon to stay clear of the relegation zone.
Well here are 10 stats and facts (courtesy of OPTA) you ought to know about the two sides before their game at the Emirates on Saturday:
1. Both Olivier Giroud and Lukas Podolski have scored three goals in three Premier League appearances against Fulham.
2. Tomorrow’s match will be Arsenal’s 200th London derby and their 100th at home. They have averaged more points per game (1.83) from London derbies than any other team in the league, while only Crystal Palace (0.90) have averaged fewer per match than Fulham (0.93).
3. In their last eight games in all competitions at the Emirates, Arsenal have managed to keep seven clean sheets, conceding just one goal in the other match they didn’t (v Everton).
4. The Gunners can match their best run of the season with a win against Fulham (five wins in a row).
5. Should Arsenal win tomorrow’s games then it would be their 19th time that they’ve won 5+ Premier League games in a row.
6. Arsene Wenger’s side have played 39 through balls this season (a joint-high with Liverpool), while Fulham have played just eight so far.
7. Fulham have never won away at Arsenal in any competition, losing 22 of 27 visits thus far. The Cottagers have, however, drawn the last two.
8. In his last 10 appearances in all competitions against the Gunners, Darren Bent has scored eight goals, including five in the last four.
9. Fulham have conceded the most shots on target than any other team in the Premier League so far this season (133).
10. Four red cards in the last six league meetings between these two sides have been issued, although all of them have come at Craven Cottage.