Arsenal have announced the signing of goalkeeper Bernd Leno from Bayer Leverkusen for £19.3million on a long-term contract.
But what do we exactly know about the new Arsenal man? Well here are SEVEN things you should know about the shot-stopper:
2. The transfer from VfB Stuttgart II to Bayer Leverkusen was made permanent on November 30th, 2011 and rapidly became a regular in the first-team following a string of impressive displays between the sticks.
3. The 26-year-old made his 300th competitive appearance for Leverkusen on April 14th, 2018 in a 4–1 Bundesliga win over Eintracht Frankfurt.
4. During his seven years at Leverkusen, Leno made a total of 304 appearances (233 in Bundesliga, 20 in the DFB-Pokal, 51 in European competition).
5. Leno is a German international and has been capped six times for his country. Before breaking through to the senior side, the goalkeeper won the UEFA European Under-17 Football Championships in 2009 and the FIFA Confederations Cup last year.
6. On his move to Arsenal, Leno took to Twitter to say: “Happy and proud to play for this great club Arsenal in the future! I’ll do my best and I’m looking forward to the start of the new season as a Gunner.”
7. Unai Emery said on his new signing: “Bernd is a goalkeeper of high quality and experience. He has been a top performer and regular number one goalkeeper for the past seven years.”