But what do we exactly know about the new Arsenal man? Well here are SEVEN things you should know about the shot-stopper:
1. Leno began his senior career at VfB Stuttgart II in 2009. He made 57 appearances for the Bundesliga 3 side in the space of three years before being loaned out to Bayer Leverkusen in August 2011.
2. The transfer from VfB Stuttgart II to Bayer Leverkusen was made permanent on November 30th, 2011 and rapidly became a regular in the first-team following a string of impressive displays between the sticks.
3. The 26-year-old made his 300th competitive appearance for Leverkusen on April 14th, 2018 in a 4–1 Bundesliga win over Eintracht Frankfurt.
4. During his seven years at Leverkusen, Leno made a total of 304 appearances (233 in Bundesliga, 20 in the DFB-Pokal, 51 in European competition).
5. Leno is a German international and has been capped six times for his country. Before breaking through to the senior side, the goalkeeper won the UEFA European Under-17 Football Championships in 2009 and the FIFA Confederations Cup last year.
6. On his move to Arsenal, Leno took to Twitter to say: “Happy and proud to play for this great club Arsenal in the future! I’ll do my best and I’m looking forward to the start of the new season as a Gunner.”
7. Unai Emery said on his new signing: “Bernd is a goalkeeper of high quality and experience. He has been a top performer and regular number one goalkeeper for the past seven years.”