Date: 8th December 2017 at 8:00pm
Written by:

have ruled themselves out of the running for Barcelona midfielder Arda Turan, reducing the number of clubs reportedly interested in signing the 30 year old.

Speaking after the Turkish champions’ 2-1 win over RB Leipzig on Wednesday night, club president Fikret Orman confirmed the Super Lig side had no interest in signing the Turkish despite the player’s pedigree, as they are already well stocked in his position:

“It’s true that we’re looking to strengthen in one or two positions in January. However, we already have a lot of in Arda Turan’s position.”

Catalan publication Mundo Deportivo reported on Monday that Arda had been in talks with and Ligue One side Monaco about a possible January , but talks with the midfielder reportedly did not go well.

Earlier this month, Arda’s agent Ahmed Bulut said he was confident that the player would have a new club in 15 or so days, with the midfielder said to have “three or four offers” on the table to leave Barcelona when the opens in a few weeks time.