So, courtesy of OPTA, here are 10 match facts and stats about both sides before their clash at the Emirates:
1. In the last 14 Premier League meetings, Arsenal have won 11. In the other three games, the Gunners have had a player sent off and lost one and drew two.
2. There have been 18 goals scored in the last three Premier League meetings between these two sides at the Emirates Stadium.
4. Giroud has managed five headers on target against Newcastle in the Premier League and scored with all of them.
5. Arsenal have now won eight successive Premier League games against Newcastle United.
6. Arsene Wenger has won 10 of his 11 meetings with Steve McClaren in the Premier League (L1).
7. Newcastle United didn’t manage a single shot on target and just one attempt overall when they played Arsenal at St. James Park earlier this season.
8. Arsenal head in to 2016 having won the most points (81) and matches (25) in the Premier League in 2015.
9. The Gunners have dropped just two points in their last seven Premier League home games, winning 19 of a possible 21 points in this period.
10. Newcastle United have scored just six goals in their last 15 Premier League away trips.