With reports linking our club with a loan move for Nuri Sahin, we here at Gunnersphere thought we should give you the low-down on the Real Madrid midfielder.
So here are 10 things you should know about Sahin:
1. Sahin is a youth academy product of RSV Meinerzhagen and in 2000, at the age of 12, joined Borussia Dortmund’s academy.
2. In 2005, Sahin became the Bundesliga’s youngest ever player at the age of 16 years and 334 days. He later became the youngest ever player to score for Borussia Dortmund on the 25th of November against FC Nuremberg.
3. In early July 2007, the midfielder was loaned out to Feyenoord, where he made 29 appearances and scored six goals for the Dutch outfit.
4. After his season-long loan at Feyenoord, Sahin returned to Dortmund and was ever-present for the German side, starting 33 out 34 matches. He scored four goals and created eight that season.
5. Sahin won the Bundesliga title with Dortmund in the 2010-11 campaign.
6. Sahin was voted the Bundesliga’s best player of the season in 2011 after an impressive campaign. He netted seven goals and creating eight.
7. On May 9th 2011, the Turkish international signed for Madrid on a six-year deal from Borussia Dortmund with a €10 million transfer fee agreed.
8. On the 6th of November 2011, Sahin made his Madrid debut against Osasuna coming on as a substitute, a game they won 7-1.
9. Since joining Madrid, the 23-year-old has made just 10 appearances for the club and looks set to be loaned out due to the intense competition at the Santiago Bernabeu, with Arsenal, Spurs and Manchester United believed to be interested.
10. Despite Arsene Wenger playing down talks of a loan move for the midfielder, Spanish football correspondent Sid Lowe expects Sahin to join Arsenal this summer.
Here is a video of the Turkish international in action:
Like what you read? Then follow me on Twitter – http://twitter.com/Gunnersphere
Visit and Join our Facebook page, click HERE to do so.
Gunnersphere is currently looking for new writers to join the squad. Contact via twitter or at Gunnersphere@snack-media.com for further details.