Arsenal are reportedly tracking Santos playmaker Paulo Henrique Ganso, but who exactly is he?
Here are 10 things you should know about the 22-year-old Brazilian:
1. Paulo Henrique Ganso or Ganso, which translates to Goose, joined Paysandu at the age of 15, but signed for Santos in 2005.
2. After being sidelined for six months through injury in 2007, Ganso took part and won the U-20 Campeonato Paulista.
3. The attacking midfielder won the 2010 Campeonato Paulista with Santos after beating Santo Andre in the final.
4. He is contracted to the Brazilian club until 2015, with a termination fee of around €50 million (£39m).
5. After being called upon by the Brazilian media for Ganso to be apart of Dunga’s 2010 World Cup squad, primarily as a substitute for Kaka, in early 2010, on the 11th of May in the same year he was named as one of the seven back-up players in Dunga’s 23-man squad.
Here is a look at the young playmaker in action:
6. Ganso was called up by new Brazil coach Mano Menezes and made his first international senior appearance in a friendly against USA on the 10th of August 2010.
7. He was named in Menezes 23-man 2011 Copa America squad and was assigned the number 10 shirt.
8. Since 2010, Ganso has been capped eight times by Brazil.
9. Last season, the Brazilian midfielder made a total of 32 appearances for Santos, bagging six goals and four assists along the way.
10. Due to his impressive displays for both club and country, Ganso has been linked with the likes AC Milan, Chelsea and Tottenham.
Like what you read? Then follow me on Twitter – http://twitter.com/Gunnersphere
Visit and Join our Facebook page, click HERE to do so.
Gunnersphere is currently looking for new writers to join the squad. Contact via twitter or at Gunnersphere@snack-media.com for further details.