1. Marseille have only managed to pick up one win in their last nine Champions League games against English opposition. This coming against Chelsea in December 2010.
2. In their last 14 Champions League games against English opposition, Marseille have only scored seven goals and never more than one in a game.
3. Elie Baup’s side have lost their last three Champions League games.
4. Marseille have failed to score in five of their last eight Champions League games.
5. This will be the 16th consecutive season Arsenal will play in the Champions League under Arsene Wenger, only Manchester United (18) and Real Madrid (17) have a longer run in the competition
6. Arsenal are unbeaten in their last 10 away games against French outfits, recording six wins and four draws.
7. The Gunners have won each of their last five away games when in France.
8. Out of their last 24 Champions League matches, Arsenal have only managed to keep two clean sheets.
9. Arsenal and Marseille have only met twice in the Champions League (2011/12), with Wenger’s side picking up a 1-0 win at the Stade Velodrome before a goalless draw at the Emirates.
10. Wenger has taken charge of 152 games in the Champions League to date, more than any other current manager. Only Sir Alex Ferguson has more with 190.