Posted on Monday, 18th February 2013 by Tony Merakli
1. Arsenal and Bayern Munich have met only four times before in the Champions League, with the Germans picking up to wins, Arsenal winning one and the other being a draw.
2. The last time these two sides met was back in the 2004/05 season in the Round of 16. Bayern won the tie 3-2 on aggregate.
3. The Gunners have an impressive record against German opposition in the Champions League, winning six of their last seven home games.
4. Out of their last 17 knockout games at home in the Champions League, Arsenal have only lost two, one against Chelsea in 2004 and in 2009 against Manchester United.
5. Among the 16 qualified teams, Arsenal have had the fewest shots on goal with 47, but are the most efficient, scoring every 4.7 shots.
7. Lukas Podolski has netted three goals from three shots on target.
8. Bayern have not picked up a win on English soil since April 2001.
9. Bayern have scored in each of their last 12 Champions League games. February 2012 was the last time they failed to find the net.
10. The Bavarian giants conceded the fewest shots on target in the group stages (17).
11. Bayern had more shots on target from outside the box than any other side in the group stages (17).
12. Bayern had the most goal-scorers in this season’s group stages (9).
13. Mario Gomez has impressively found the net 25 times in his last 26 Champions League starts.
Like what you read? Then follow me on Twitter – http://twitter.com/Gunnersphere
Visit and Join our Facebook page, click HERE to do so.
Gunnersphere is currently looking for new writers to join the squad. Contact via twitter or at Gunnersphere@snack-media.com for further details.