Posted on Thursday, 24th January 2013 by Red Gun
Long-term Arsenal target Adrian Lopez insists he is not affected by rumours linking him with a move to The Emirates and says he plans to remain and continue playing for Atletico Madrid.
Arsene Wenger has been tracking the Spanish forward for almost a year following his impressive displays for Atletico, as the Frenchman looks to strengthen his attacking options.
Last season the 25-year-old netted 18 goals in 44 appearances in all competitions for the La Liga side, but what made him standout was his goal to game ratio in the Europa League which was 10 in 17. This season, however, the Spain international hasn’t been as productive as he was last term for Atletico, scoring just four goals in 27 outings so far this season.
When asked about the Arsenal rumours, the forward said:
‘I am happy here and it is my intention to continue here. I try to isolate myself from the rumours. We are used to them and do not take them seriously. I am very happy at Atletico.
‘The good thing at the moment is that the team is doing very well. I would like to stay for a while yet.’
Visit and Join our Facebook page, click HERE to do so.
Gunnersphere is currently looking for new writers to join the squad. Contact via twitter or at Gunnersphere@snack-media.com for further details.