Posted on Tuesday, 6th November 2012 by Tony Merakli
1. Out of 14 European games at home, Schalke have only managed to keep just one clean sheet.
2. The German outfit have failed to find the back of the net in their last three home European games against English opposition.
3. Schalke have won 15, drawn seven and lost four of their last 26 European encounters.
4. The Bundesliga side are currently unbeaten in their last 14 group matches in all European competitions, winning 10 and drawing the rest.
5. Schalke, along with Bayern Munich, have allowed the joint-fewest shots on target against them in this season’s Champions League (7).
6. In their last 21 Champions League away games, Arsenal have only kept one clean sheet.
7. The Gunners have won just three of their last 13 Champions League away games, and haven’t won back-to-back away games since February 2006.
8. As well as never keeping a clean sheet on German soil, Arsenal have only won three out of 12 European away games against German sides.
9. Arsenal have fired the fewest shots in this season’s Champions League (22).
10. For the first time this season in the competition, Arsene Wenger will be in the dugout after completing his three-match touchline ban.
Stats courtesy of @Orbinho
Like what you read? Then follow me on Twitter – http://twitter.com/Gunnersphere
Visit and Join our Facebook page, click HERE to do so.
Gunnersphere is currently looking for new writers to join the squad. Contact via twitter or at Gunnersphere@snack-media.com for further details.