Posted on Saturday, 4th August 2012 by Guest Blogger
The French centre-back has been on Wenger’s radar for the past year or so and looked likely to leave the Ligue 1 club after signing Thiago Silva from AC Milan last month.
However, despite the Brazilian’s arrival, the 22-year-old has dismissed speculation of a move to the Premier League and says he’s ready to fight for his place at the mega-rich French side.
The France international told the official PSG website:
‘This season my challenges are big, very big.
‘The fight for the title is our goal and also to make it big in the Champions League. It is important to build the team, and my aspirations are to stay here.’
I’m not sure whether or not Wenger is actually chasing Sakho, but it looks like he’s staying at PSG.
I definitely think we are in need of a back-up defender, especially with Sebastien Squillaci supposedly on his way out.
Perhaps Wenger will decide to promote Ignasi Miquel to the first-team squad, thus not spending on a new name in this area.
Visit and Join our Facebook page, click HERE to do so.
Gunnersphere is currently looking for new writers to join the squad. Contact via twitter or at Gunnersphere@snack-media.com for further details.