Posted on Monday, 12th March 2012 by Tony Merakli
1. Last season at St. James’ Park, Arsenal were 4-0 up at half time but drew the match 4-4. The Gunners became the first team ever to throw away a four goal lead in the Premier League.
2. The last time these two sides met debutant Gervinho was sent off.
3. Arsenal have received three red cards in their last three meetings with Newcastle.
4. Robin van Persie has found the net four times in his last five games against The Magpies.
5. Arsenal are currently on a seven game unbeaten run in the Premier League, notching up 15 points out of a possible 21 since their last defeat, which came against Manchester United back in January.
6. The Magpies are unbeaten in their last three meetings with Arsenal.
7. Out of 18 Premier League games with Arsenal, Newcastle have just won two.
8. Alan Pardew’s side have picked up eight points in their last five Premier League games – two wins, two draws and a heavy 5-0 away defeat to Spurs.
9. Arsenal have netted 55 goals and have conceded 38 in 27 Premier League games, while Newcastle have scored and conceded 39 respectively so far this season.
10. Van Persie is Arsenal’s top goal scorer with 25 league goals. Theo Walcott and Mikel Arteta are runners-up with five. While Newcastle’s top scorer is Demba Ba with 16, behind him his Leon Best with four.
Like what you read? Then follow me on Twitter – http://twitter.com/Gunnersphere
Visit and Join our Facebook page, click HERE to do so.
Gunnersphere is currently looking for new writers to join the squad. Contact via twitter or at Gunnersphere@snack-media.com for further details.