Logo

Arsenal track Nepal star

Date: 21st July 2011 at 2:30 pm
Written by: | Comments (19)

look set to do battle with arch-rivals for the signature of Nepalese star , according to talkSPORT.

The 19-year-old defender, who plays for Indian First Division outfit Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) SC, is regarded as one of the hottest prospects in Asia and is believed to be craving a shot at the European football scene in the near future.

Both Premier League sides are expected to send their respective scouts over to watch the centre-back in action when Nepal take on Jordan in the World Cup 2014 qualifier next week.

Ex-Spurs captain , who is now the current coach of Nepal, believes Chand is destined for great things and reckons that the Nepalese starlet will play at the very top one day:

Roberts stated:

‘Rohit is by far the best centre-half I have ever coached. He is an extreme talent who will play at the highest level.’

Chand managed to make 18 appearances for HAL last season and has been capped 14 times by Nepal’s senior squad.

Here is a video of Rohit Chand in action:

Like what you read? Then follow me on Twitterhttp://twitter.com/Gunnersphere

Visit and Join our Facebook page, click HERE to do so.

Gunnersphere is currently looking for new writers to join the squad. Contact via twitter or at Gunnersphere@snack-media.com for further details.

19 thoughts on “Arsenal track Nepal star

Page:
1 2
  • Sudip Aryal
    3 years ago

He is the best defender of this time.. Can be the best defender of world. Arsenal should sign him and loan to championship teams.. They won’t regret it..

• sudarshan
    3 years ago

I think he will be selected for the Arsenal. He is one of the main and best player of our team.

• Beekesh
    3 years ago

Am a Liverpool supporter but even though with this rumor I am glad that team like arsenal iz interested in our native player Rohit Chand …he iz great young talent of his position and his generation …I dont say he iz the best defender of the world but I DO SAY HE DOES THE BEST IN HIS EVERY GAME ….ND AM SURE THAT IF ARSENAL OR ANY OTHER CLUB SIGNS HIM HE LL BE THE GREAT WORTH …CZ HE IS A NEPALI …

• BenMcKing
    3 years ago

He looks promising to say the least….He may be a lil bit short for CB at 6’1″, but all our players are around 5′ 10″ anyway.
    He happens to be a product of their national academy which means he definitely wil have some skills but not sure if they are of our standards… Worth a try….

• parik
    3 years ago

let the world see what he can do then decide what he can do.

• terry
    3 years ago

I believe he(Rohit) has a fabulous effort and potential to carry out his carrier in any english club………he is still a teenager means more potential to be explored in future in football arena……….

• Siddhartha Gurung
    3 years ago

I’m a Chelsea fan, and although I don’t like Arsenal, I hope he at least signs up to a English team. I would love to see a Nepali player playing for a professional team. It would make me and our country proud :)

• anil
    3 years ago

what happend to the deal???

Page: